Share this role
- Cobalt Housing
- Closing date:
- 9th August
- Job Ref:
Cobalt Housing is an anchor organisation for the North Liverpool areas of Croxteth, Fazakerley and Norris Green. We are looking for three new Board Members to help us in the next stage of developing thriving communities where people are proud to live and where they can be their best.
Not only do we provide 6,000 quality homes for our tenants in North Liverpool, we are also actively engaged in economic, neighbourhood and community regeneration - tackling inequalities, improving health and employment prospects. With high levels of tenant satisfaction, we have the highest possible rating (G1/V1) from our regulator, and we are now capitalising on our very strong financial position to build 1,000 of the right homes in the right places by 2030.
It’s a great time to join Cobalt Housing, and we want our new Board Members to inspire us and our partners to really deliver on the opportunities open to us in North Liverpool. We want committed and engaged Board Members who will embrace our values of passion, integrity, commitment and ambition to make a real difference to people’s lives. Our culture is built upon positivity, collaboration and continuous learning, and these roles are an opportunity to influence the future direction of an organisation which is pivotal to place making and social regeneration initiatives.
The key professional skills we are looking for in our new Board Members include: strategic asset management; development of new homes; financial and funding expertise; health and social care, possibly including commissioning; procurement; utilising technology to improve the customer experience; and HR/OD. You may well be looking for your first board role, or have skills not listed here, in which case it’s certainly worth exploring our strategic plans in greater detail. Passion and commitment are more important than your sector experience, although you’ll ideally bring insight into communities such as the ones we serve, and be looking to genuinely make a difference.
Should you wish to discuss these opportunities further, please contact Nick Roberts on 07393 013697 or Simon Wing on 0207 426 3976 at GatenbySanderson. All applications should be received by 9am Monday 9th August 2021.
How to apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement (the statement should be a maximum of two pages) addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com